It’s no mystery that PlayStation Plus’ offering in Japan is heavily based on the classics, but this month local subscribers are in for a treat in the form of some of the most relevant historical games in Sony’s Library.
Of course there also are newer games offered, but how can you beat Crash Bandicoot or Spyro? Here’s the full list of the new entries:
- Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation Classic)
- Spyro the Dragon (PlayStation Classic)
- Ape Escape (PlayStation Classic)
- Ore no Yori (PlayStation Classic)
- Twisted Metal EX (PlayStation Classic)
- Panekit (PlayStation Classic)
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)
- Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS Vita)
- Ys I & II (PC Engine Classic)
Jaseiken Necromancer (PC Engine Classic)
- Custom Drive (PSP)
- Sengoku Tenka Toitsu (PSP)
- Nights Into Dreams… (PS3)
- Heavy Fire Afghanistan (PS3)
- Heavy Fire Shattered Spear (PS3)
- Moe Moe Dai Senso Gen Daiban ++ (PS Vita)
Despite the fact that there’s no new PS4 game in the list, we definitely can’t say that it’s a bad one. Quite the opposite, there’s a lot of value in most of the games offered (well, maybe not in Heavy Fire Afghanistan…).
I can’t help but wonder if Sony will ever make some classics available to PlayStation Plus subscribers in the west. It would definitely be a welcome addition, at least for me.