Japanese PS4 Downloads Dominated by “Five Star Champions” Games; Quantic Dream on Top
Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls come back to dominate the Japanese PlayStation Store PS4 sales chart.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan released its weekly chart ranking the most popular PS4 downloads on the Japanese PlayStation Store, and this time around it’s all about older releases.
Check out the full chart below.
- Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collection*
- Dragon Quest Builders*
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition*
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition*
- LEGO Worlds
- Life is Strange*
- Ratchet & Clank*
- Star Ocean: Til the End of Time: Director’s Cut
- Final Fantasy XIV+Heavensward*
- The King of Fighters XIV*
- Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition*
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – 20 Year Celebration*
- Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition
- Mega Man Classics Collection*
- Moero!! Baseball 2016*
- Batman: Arkham Knight Special Edition*
- Divitity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition*
- Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity*
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone*
- The Walking Dead*
Last week caught the tail of a big sale held on the Japanese PSN, titled “Five Star Champions,” and offering significant discounts for all titles rated 4.5 and five stars by PlayStation Store users. They’re all marked by an asterisk in the list above, and as you can see, they represent the bulk of the ranking.
Only LEGO Worlds and Star Ocean: Til the End of Time: Director’s Cut holding in the top ten without a discount. The week before they ranked respectively second and first.
At the top of the chart is the PS4 collection of Quantic Dream’s latest hits, Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain, that proved popular even the week before (that was already affected by the beginning of the sale), ranking 4th.
Looks like Quantic Dream has quite a few admirers in Japan, which isn’t surprising, considering how narrative-driven their games are. If you’re curious to see how their upcoming Detroit: Become Human will fare there, I am as well.