Switch and PS4 Neck and Neck in Japan as Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 Tops Media Create
While Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball dominated the Japanese charts, God of War held pretty well. On the other hand, Nintendo Labo dropped quite a bit.
Today is Wednesday, and despite the Golden Week Holidays, the good folks at Media Create still pulled out their charts for the week related to the week between April 23rd and April 29th.
Below you can check out the software chart. As usual, the second number for each game represents its lifetime sales.
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball – PS4 – 124,831/New
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball – PS Vita – 58,435/New
- God of War – PS4 – 29,517/75,608
- Nintendo Labo – Variety Kit – Switch – 25,914/116,324
- Splatoon 2 – Switch – 18,664/2,267,587
- Kirby Star Allies – Switch – 17,950/451,439
- Utawarerumono: A Lullaby For Those Who Are Scattered – PS4 – 14,426/New
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Switch – 13,191/1,497,835
- SD Gundam G Generation Genesis – Switch – 11,975/New
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Kai – The Erebonian Civil War – PS4 – 11,345/New
- The Snack World Trejarers Gold – Switch – 10,482/61,984
- Utawarerumono: A Lullaby For Those Who Are Scattered – PS4 – 8,591/New
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Switch – 7,850/969,276
- Super Mario Odyssey – Switch – 7,244/1,704,766
- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy – Switch – 6,682/New
- Doukoku Soshite… – PS4 – 6,357/New
- Nintendo Labo – Robot Kit – Switch – 5,680/34,309
- Bravo Team – PS4 – 4,980/New
- Far Cry5 – PS4 – 4,430/127,388
- Ciest Skylines PlayStation 4 Edition – PS4 – 4,316/21,432
You can also check out the corresponding hardware chart:
- Switch – 38,752
- PS4 – 25,005
- PS4 Pro – 10,004
- PS Vita – 4,562
- New 2DS XL – 4,377
- New 3DS XL – 2,840
- 2DS – 516
- Xbox One – 123
- Xbox One X – 56
On the hardware side, the Switch and the PS4 were pretty much neck and neck this week, but the Switch managed to get ahead despite the fact that PS4 sales, including PS4 Pro were almost three times as many as last week. Apparently, Sony’s console was short on supply, but now the situation has been solved with new shipments.
On the software side, the crown goes to Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018, which had a pretty solid launch across two platforms, even if it sold less than the 2016 edition due to the lack of a PS3 version.
God of War managed to overtake Nintendo Labo‘s Variety Kit in this week’s chart, holding rather well with almost 30,000 copies, probably thanks to the stellar reviews that are starting to filter through in Japan.
On the other hand, Labo seems to have shorter legs than the usual Nintendo first party franchise, with a the Variety Kit dropping to 4th place, and a collapse to 17th place for the Robot Kit. Considering that Nintendo shipped a lot more units to retailers, we’ll have to see if the Golden Week holidays help get them off the shelves and into the hands of Japanese kids.
Rounding the week off are a lot of remasters and ports, but as usual the Japanese audience didn’t really prove excessively interested in them. Only the remaster of Utawarerumono, and the PS4 version of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II managed to push beyond 10,000 units sold.