Iron Galaxy Studios and Microsoft Studios announced that the Legend of Thunder Pack is now available for free to all Killer Instinct players who own Thunder on both Xbox One and PC.
The Legend of Thunder Pack adds a third costume for Thunder, one of the playable fighters, and is very authentic to traditional Nez Percé warrior garb. Iron Galaxy worked very hard with Josiah Blackeagle Pinkham and Thomas tátlo Gregory from the Nez Percé tribe to ensure this authenticity through discussion and examination of real Nez Percé artifacts to use as a reference. You can read all of the changes this costume makes to Thunder below:
- Headdress has been removed: We learned that headdresses are mostly worn for ceremonial events vs battles or combat
- Hair: Thunder now has a traditional warrior style pompadour hairstyle, based off historical photos
- Added arm braces and a belt with traditional Nez Perce beadwork in the common color palette of pink & green with geometric pattern
- Buckskin pants with the same traditional Nez Perce beadwork in pink & green with geometric pattern
- Traditional moccasins: Worn for more agile combat and handcrafted from raw materials
- Traditional metal-work axes
This is the first time a character in the game has received three costumes. Some screenshots and a video covering the collaborations between the developers and Nez Percé were released, which you can see and watch below. Killer Instinct is currently available on PC and Xbox One.