Today, via the PlayStation Blog, Tripwire Interactive detailed Killing Floor 2’s PS4 Pro support, as well as announced that an open beta for the shooter will begin November 4th.
According to Tripwire, the PlayStation 4 Pro has allowed it to enhance Killing Floor 2 in terms of resolution, memory and performance.
Here’s a breakdown of everything you need to know about its PS4 Pro support:
- For 4K TV owners: Killing Floor 2 will run at a higher 1800p resolution, which will then be upscaled to 4K 2160p resolution. The extra resolution increases overall environment, weapon, and character detail beyond what is perceivable on a 1080p display.
- The extra memory on PS4 Pro will allow Tripwire to activate its “ultra textures” that have higher resolution over the standard PS4. The ultra textures add extra surface detail to everything in the game including first-person weapons, arms, zeds, and the levels themselves. These high-res textures will be used whether the player is playing on a 4K TV or a standard 1080p display
- The extra memory will also allow for an increase in dynamic shadow resolution.
- When playing on a 1080p TV, Killing Floor 2 is effectively super sampled, resulting in much higher quality and smoother anti-aliasing.
- Killing Floor 2 runs at an increased frame rate when using a PS4 Pro on a 1080p display. There was no mention for said increase when using a 4K tv.
In addition to the all the PS4 Pro mumbo-jumbo, Tripwire also announced a Killing Floor 2 PS4 multiplayer open beta for November 4th at 10:00 AM Pacific. The beta will run to Sunday November 6th.
Killing Floor 2 is set to release November 18th for PS4 and PC.
A new PS4 Pro gameplay trailer was also released, as well as a trailer highlighting the game’s upcoming open beta. Check them out below: