Kingdom Chapter 688: Release Date, Spoilers And How to Read
While many series have been on hiatus due to the 2020 Japan Olympics, Kingdom is a title that has remained consistent and strong with its release of each chapter, now everyone is waiting for the next one.
While many series have been on hiatus due to the 2020 Japan Olympics, Kingdom is a title that has remained consistent and strong with the release of each chapter, now everyone is waiting for the next one.
Kingdom is a historical epic shown in a manga series which first released in 2006 and is currently ongoing. The manga is written by Yasuhisa Hara and is aimed at a Seinen demographic.
The series currently sits at 8.98/10 on My Anime List, where it ranks 10th in the top manga of all time and it follows a fictitious adaptation of the Chinese Warring States Period. The series is highly popular and followed by thousands of fans worldwide, all of whom are waiting for Chapter 688 to drop. Please note: This article contains spoilers!
- DR STONE: Chapter 206 returns after a 3 week hiatus!
Kingdom Chapter 688: Release date and how to read
So far, between the release of each volume, there has been a 2-3 month gap. Therefore, fans can expect that once volume 62 concludes, Volume 63 will be released between September-October 2021.
The series is regularly released by Shueisha on their official website and is also available to purchase through Amazon and Rakuten. Alternatively, there are other sites that feature the manga series latest chapters.
It is also available to read in Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump, where it has featured since it was first released in 2006. There are plans to push the manga up to 100 volumes in total. As it stands, there are currently 62 volumes.
- MY HERO ACADEMIA: Deku sports a new look called Black Deku!
Kingdom: Spoilers For Chapter 688
Please note: This article contains spoilers!
The title of the upcoming chapter will be ‘Pain’. The last chapter showed the troops of Raido being obliterated by Ryuu Fu’s military and General Kan Ki disappeared during important events. Chapter 688 will likely show the return of General Kan Ki and if he has been deciding a new plan.
We also expect that Kyou Rei will be back in the battle to help her general while the battle of Eikyou is being drawn out. General Shin will be shown playing to his strengths in drawing out his enemy as the battle continues.
- TATSUKI FUJIMOTO: Author creates a one shot manga called look back!
Manga series you might like…
Should fans find themselves looking for similar series to Kingdom, here are some suggestions:
- One Piece – Luffy and a gang of pirates set sail for the ultimate treasure and to complete his quest to be named ‘Pirate King’.
- Beserk – A skilled swordsman joins a group that fight together to battle theri way into the royal court.
- Vinland Saga – A man pursues his father’s killer in a story of revenge.
- Vagabond – A story that fictionalises the life of renowned Japanese swordsman Musashi Miyamoto.
- Historie – A young boy in ancient Greece works his way up to become general to Alexander the Great.
More recommendations can be seen here.