Kingdom Hearts-Like JRPG Destiny Chronicles Announced, Screenshots Revealed
Visualnoveler has revealed the development of its new JRPG game Destiny Chronicles. The developer says that the game's combat is inspired by Kingdom Hearts.
Today, Visualnoveler officially announced its work on a new action JRPG set in the fantasy world of Destiny Chronicles.
In Destiny Chronicles, you control young squire Celeste as she embarks on an adventure towards proving herself as a “true knight.” When she and her companions decide to pursue a thief far from home, she learns more about her world and more about a terrible plot against it.
The developer says that the goal for Destiny Chronicles’ combat system was to make something akin to the “fast-paced action combat system” combat seen in Kingdom Hearts. In addition, the game will feature a deep talent tree so that players may customize gameplay to what they prefer. Here are a few of the game’s other key features:
- Beautiful, Mysterious World – Explore fields, towns, and dungeons across a strange world still haunted by its elusive past.
- Quests – In addition to the main story, side quests and optional activities allow you to further explore the world and characters of Destiny Chronicles.
- Party Interactions – The three main characters learn and change throughout their journey and humorous banter fills their interactions as they come to know each other. Optional conversations add greater depth to their friendship.
- Enchanting – Upgrade your gear and boost your skills by enchanting them with magical relics.
- Character-Driven Story – As Celeste travels across the continent with her companions Valana and Ruby, they’ll learn more about the world and its history, as well as a sinister plot about to unfold.
Destiny Chronicles is still in early development and is expected to get begin a Kickstarter campaign soon. For more information about Destiny Chronicles, check out the game’s official website.
Below you can find a gallery of a few of the game’s early screenshots.