Mystery Survival Game Kona Out Today on PS4, Xbox One, and PC; Launch Trailer Released
Today, developer Parabole and German publisher RavensCourt’s mysterious survival game Kona launches on PS4, Xbox One, and PC for $19.99 USD. And to celebrate the pair have released a new launch trailer.
As you may know, Kona has been in Steam Early Access since March of last year: where it has garnered a “very positive” Steam user review ranking (both overall and in recent).
The game is set in a 1970’s Northern Canada, specifically in the eerie village of Atamipek Lake, which is being ravaged by a strange blizzard. You play Carl Faubert, a renowned private detective, who has been called by W. Hamilton, a rich industrialist who owns a hunting manor in Northern Canada, and who has been the target of several cases of vandalism perpetrated against his property.
Upon arriving, Carl soon becomes trapped up in the deep north, engulfed in an unexpected snowstorm, and unable to find his client —or any other living inhabitant for that matter. As the player, you will need to explore the eerie village, battle the elements to survive, and shed light on the mysterious events befalling the area.
Kona boasts the following features:
- Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town.
- Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive.
- Complete the first of four distinct acts, each offering between three to five hours of gameplay.
- Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band Curé Label.
- Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller.
- Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities.
Below, you can check out the new launch trailer. Additionally, the developer also recently revealed the game may be ported to the Nintendo Switch in the future.