Parabole and RavensCourt Bringing Survival Game Kona to PS4 and Xbox One
Kona has been out on Steam Early Access since March of last year and now the mysterious survival game is moving to consoles. The French Canadian developers at Parabole are teaming up with the German publisher RavensCourt to expand the reach of the title. Both companies are planning a release in March of this year, digitally, for PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One.
The game is set in the wilds of Northern Canada in the 1970s. Detective Carl Faubert is your eyes and ears as you tackle the surreal happenings around Atamipek Lake. Everything including the weather is against you as you must brush up on your survival tactics to deal with an unruly blizzard and a succinct lack of civilization.
Kona also contains the following elements:
• Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town
• Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive
• Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band Curé Label
• Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller
• Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities
At the moment, the Early Access version of the game is available for $17.99 USD with the final price being planned at $19.99 USD. The beta version recently got a sizable patch in the last few days so if you want to check it out before the cost goes up, you have a few months.
You can check out a trailer below: