It’s no secret that PS Vita is getting fewer and fewer new, meaningful titles developed for it, but developer Hello There AB has heard the pleas of its fans, and in celebration of the Kung Fury phenomenon’s two year anniversary, we’re finally getting another title worthy of the PS Vita’s healthy library: Kung Fury: Street Rage.
Kung Fury: Street Rage is an arcade-styled beat ’em up modeled after the martial arts action comedy short film made in homage to all of the greatest 1980’s martial arts and cop flicks. In case you needed to know more, the game and film both feature a lot of fights with Nazis, as evidenced by the developer’s following descriptions (caps-lock clearly enabled for effect).
- ARCADE STYLE BEAT ‘EM UP NAZI FIGHTS
- STEREO SOUND MUSIC INSPIRED BY UP ‘N’ COMING HIT ARTIST DAVID HASSELHOFF
- STATE OF THE ART TRUE COLOR GRAPHICS
- EVEN MORE NAZI ENEMIES TO BEAT GET BLOWN INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION AS YOU EXPERIENCE THE GUTBUSTING FUN WITH KUNG FURY: STREET RAGE™.
- BEAT THE NAZIS TO STOP KUNG FÜHRER AND UPHOLD THE LAW! BECOME THE ACTION! BE. KUNG. FURY!!!!
***NOT ENOUGH NAZIS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS GAME ***
If you’re still unclear on what you’re signing up for, Hello There AB has kindly provided a trailer of the game operating on PS Vita. For your convenience, below the trailer, you’ll also find a few screenshots of the game in action.
It’s all right if you don’t know what Kung Fury is… WAIT! Not it’s not! Just please do yourself a favor and watch the film by Laser Unicorns here.
Kung Fury: Street Rage is currently available on PS Vita for $3.99. If you already own the game for PlayStation 4, don’t worry about it! The game is cross-buy between the two systems. Kung Fury: Street Rage is also available on PC, Mac, Google Play, and App Store.