How to Beat Lampent in Pokemon GO Raid Guide, Weakness, Counters
The first part of the yearly Pokemon GO Halloween event has now passed and we move into part two, titled Ghoulish Pals.
This part of the event will focus slightly more on Ghost-type Pokemon, many of which will start to appear in one-, three- and five-star Raid Battles.
These Pokemon include both Yamask and Galarian Yamask, the new duo of Phantump and Pumpkaboo and fan-favourite Lampent.
So, to help you out here is how to beat Lampent in Pokemon GO with DualShockers’ raid guide including every weakness it has and the best counters for those weaknesses.
Every Lampent Weakness in Pokemon GO
Lampent has two types in Pokemon GO, Fire and Ghost, meaning it has a total of five different weaknesses. They are as follows: Dark, Ghost, Ground, Rock and Water-type moves.
It also has a whopping nine resistances, so avoid bringing Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison or Steel-type Pokemon.
Lampent Raid Guide and Best Counters
As stated, you want to exploit Lampent’s weaknesses to Dark, Ghost, Ground, Rock and Water-type moves and thankfully, there are plenty of options.
In the Mega department, you want to consider Mega Gengar, Mega Gyarados, Mega Blastoise or Mega Houndoom.
Following that, a mixture of Kyogre, Chandelure, Rhyperior, Giratina, Garchomp, Landorus, Darkrai, Rampardos, Gengar, Crawdaunt, Kingler, Hydreigon and Swampert will do the trick.
Here is the moveset you should be using for each of the above Pokemon.
- Mega Gengar – Hex/Shadow Ball
- Mega Houndoom – Snarl/Foul Play
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Mega Gyarados – Bite/Crunch
- Kyogre – Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Chandelure – Hex/Shadow Ball
- Rhyperior – Mud Slap/Rock Wrecker
- Origin Giratina – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Garchomp – Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus – Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Darkrai – Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Rampardos – Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Gengar – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Crawdaunt – Snarl/Crabhammer
- Kingler – Bubble/Crabhammer
- Swampert – Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Hydreigon – Bite/Dark Pulse
Because Lampent is only a three-star Raid Boss, you should be able to solo it relatively easily, providing you exploit its weaknesses.