Last fall, developer Roll7, known for titles like OlliOlli and Not A Hero, and publisher 505 Games held several Closed Betas for their futuristic multiplayer sports game Laser League. Today, they announced the game’s first Open Beta, which will be held on Steam this weekend and released two new screenshots and a new trailer for the game.
Specifically, this Open Beta for Laser League will run from 9am PST on Friday, January 26 until 10pm PST on January 28 in North America, Europe, Russia, and Singapore. This beta contains three of the game’s stadiums which house a total of twelve maps. You can check out the descriptions for each to see what makes each one special below:
- Empire Campus Stadium (London, UK)
- Gauntlet: Restrictive map that quickly escalates in complexity
- Spin Cycle: Defensive map with perpetual long lasers
- Geng Hao Megaplex (Tianjin, China)
- Warzone: Multiple short firing nodes
- Crusher: Short moving lasers trap players
- Silvertip Arena (Detroit, USA)
- Y-Control: Long central orbiting lasers and shorter rotating lasers
- Prime: Interlocking lasers that allow players to expand control by owning the center of the map
The Open Beta will also give players access to six classes: Blade, Smash, Snipe, Ghost, Theif, and Shock. Roll7 and 505 Games are also enticing people into this Open Beta by offering free, exclusive items to those who participate. These include the Al Shama OASIS 401 Limited Edition Kit, unique emojis, and exclusive character portraits.
You can check out the game’s new screenshots and the new trailer featuring many streamers who played the title’s Closed Beta below. Laser League will hit Early Access on Steam later this year. If you want to see DualShockers’ thoughts on the game, you can check out our preview of the game from E3.