Leaked PlayStation Now Beta Loading Times for All the New Games Are Consistent Under 40 Seconds
Yesterday we reported about the new games made available to beta testers of Sony’s upcoming streaming service PlayStation Now, and today our faithful tipster came back with more goodies, relaying the loading times for every title from the launch of the game to the splash screen.
Here’s the full list. Between parenthesis you can see the old loading times from phase 1 and 2 of the beta, clocked by the same person on the same internet connection roughly at the same time of the day:
- Puppeteer – 39.57 (previously 44.16)
- Eat Them! – 37.41
- PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap – 38.49
- PixelJunk Shooter 2 – 37.63
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger – 33.20
- Ben 10 Omniverse 2 – 34.59
- Contrast – 34.66
- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness – 33.12
- Catherine – 33.44
- El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron – 38.84
- Fuel – 35.56
- GRID – 34.82
- Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear – 38.16
- LUMINES: Supernova – 37.80
- NiGHTS into dreams – 36.45
- Retro/Grade – 49.21
- Sacred Citadel – 35.21
- Saints Row: The Third – 36.60
- Skullgirls Encore – 36.27
- Sniper Elite V2 – 37.34
Of course we should consider that loading times will vary from user to user depending on the bandwidth available, but this list is a pretty good indication of what we can expect.
Puppeteer is the only returning game from the first phase of the beta, ad it loads faster by about 5 seconds. What’s most interesting is that the new times confirm the trend shown in the second phase of the beta. At that time only three games of 19 took over 40 seconds to load. This time we got only Retro/Grade lagging behind.
A loading time under 40 seconds for almost every game is quite acceptable, considering that normal games played locally don’t take that much less to reach the splash screen, but we’re still in beta (or better they are, since I’m in Europe, and there’s still no clear news on when we’ll get the service here), so there’s further room for improvement.