Leaked PlayStation Now Beta Loading Times For the New Games Keep Improving, Drop to 30 Seconds on PS3
With the new phase of the PlayStation Now beta, Sony introduced a batch of new games, and our faithful anonymous tipster that clocked them in the previous phases got back to us with a new list, showing that there has been a further improvement on PS3.
- Pixel Junk Eden – 31.76
- All Zombies Must Die! – 29.71
- Ben 10 Omniverse – 32.35
- Big Sky Infinity – 30.25
- Choplifter HD – 39.45
- Dead Island Riptide – 28.88
- Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard – 30.69
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 – 32.02
- Hunter’s Trophy 2: America – 29.91
- Legasista – 30.58
- Mercury Hg – 28.13
- MX vs. ATV: Alive – 28.96
- Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD – 29.92
- Overlord: Raising Hell – 29.15
- Pacific Rim – 27.79
- Papo & Yo – 28.94
- Poker Night 2 – 28.51
- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – 27.55
- Tales from Space: About a Blob – 30.16
- Way of the Samurai 3 – 28.76
The times were recorded with the same connection as the previous times at roughly the same time of the day.
For the sake of comparison you can find the times for the previous phase here. Times used to average around 37 seconds, with one aberration at almost 50 seconds.
This time around they have dropped sharply, averaging around 30 seconds, with one aberration at almost 40 seconds. This gives us a good degree of hope on the possibility that the arguably poor performance of the PS4 version will be improved in the same way, considering that the PS3 version behaved pretty much in the same way during its first time.
This definitely should not be too surprising. Improving the service before its official launch is exactly what betas are for, and Sony is managing to shave off seconds from PlayStation Now‘s lap times like a pro racer.