Russian website Kanobu published a batch of screenshots of the upcoming sequel of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, titled Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is also the game that Square Enix has been teasing in the past couple days.
The article was temporarily taken down (probably to iron out things with the publisher), but now it’s back, and it also reveals a few interesting details about the new game.
- The game is slated for release on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- One of the settings of the game is Prague, Czech Republic. There returning hero Adam Jensen will square off against Victor Marchenko, an officer of the Augmented Rights Coalition
- Battles can be approached with stealth or brawn.
- Artificial intelligence of enemies has been improved. They patrol in group and they call for help if they see something suspicious. They can also flank in battle.
- New implants include the ability to scan enemies for electronics and ammunition. Adam will also be able to hack turrets and control them from a safe distance.
- Adam’s blade now doubles as a crossbow (where did I see this before?). He can also deploy a smoke screen while retaining his own vision thanks to X-ray. Finally, he can activate a nano-shield that can block bullets for brief periods of time.
- There are no plans of importing saves from the previous chapter.
- Achieving extra objectives early in the game can influence missions later.
You can check out the screenshots below. They look definitely lovely, don’t they?