Awesome Leaked Titanfall Screenshots Show New Maps and More; New Info Surfaces on Modes and Campaign
Today a batch of leaked screenshots from Titanfall appeared, showing some of the maps that weren’t available in the game’s beta. In addition to that, we also get new info on the game, thanks to a post on Reddit by user FallenFusion, relaying information from what he considers a “reliable source.” Looking at the quality of the screenshots that you can find in the gallery at the bottom of this post, the source definitely seems reliable to me.
Update: FallenFusion also leaked full top-down views of all the 15 maps including screenshots of the main landmarks for each.
Here’s the information that was relayed by FallenFusion so far:
- PILOT HUNTER: Kill the enemy team’s Pilots to reach the score limit and win—one point is awarded for each Pilot killed. Although killing Grunts and Spectres in this mode will not earn points towards your team’s score, doing so will still give you build time reductions on your replacement Titans and Titan Core Ability.
- MAPS: There are 15 maps. Most of which we know already. I have actual top-down map images and may post them later if demand is high.
- TURRETS: See here Heavy turrets are designed for killing everything—including Titans. When used out in the field, they are often braced into position in urban environments atop buildings, and have a considerable range of motion and excellent target tracking systems. Multiple Titans are usually required to disable a single heavy turret by focusing their fire on it. They operate autonomously and, in most cases, can be “flipped” (to fight for the other team) when a nearby console is compromised, often with a Data Knife.
- GENERATIONS: Thanks to RazorUK we basically know a ton about Generations already, I’ll spare the details. But I was given this screenshot of what “Regenerating” actually looks like.
- ZIPLINES: See here Ziplines travel both ways, up and down. They’re especially helpful in CTF matches and escaping areas quickly. You can attach to it from either end or even while in midair (assuming you’re close enough.) You hold the reload button to latch on and ride. They’re a fixed part of the map and cannot be freely attached to the architecture.
- CAMPAIGN: Without spoiling any story details, there are 9 campaign matches, and you can play from each side, IMC and Militia. The matches consist of 5 Attrition & 4 Hardpoint games. Picking each side results in different pre-match briefings and chatter during the battles. There are some surprises which will keep things different from the traditional multiplayer experience.
And here’s a list of of the known game modes:
- Capture the Flag
- Hardpoint Domination
- Last Titan Standing
- Pilot Hunter
You can also enjoy the new screenshots in the gallery just below. Those are some really sweet looking maps, aren’t they?