Level-5 Announces Youkai Watch 3, Youkai Watch Busters and The Snack World for 3DS, and a Bunch of Smartphone Games
During the Level-5 Vision 2015 conference held today in Tokyo, President Akihiro Hino announced a few new games and initiatives for the relatively near future. Unfortunately most of those won’t exactly prove enthusing.
- Layton 7 is coming to Android and iOS, no 3DS version was announced for the moment. It will be released in Japan in the summer.
- Fantasy Life 2 will also come to iOS and Android this year. It looks pretty much like a mobile version of the first game with additional content. Four player multiplayer will be suppported.
- Level-5 is partnering with Hasbro to bring the Youkai Watch franchise to the USA in 2016.
- Youkai Watch Busters will be released for 3DS in Japan on November 7th.
- A spinoff of the Youkai Watch series will be made in collaboration with Koei Tecmo, it will be a crossover with the Three Kingdoms series. No platform or release date were announced.
- Three Youkai Watch games will come to mobile: the puzzle game Youkai Watch PuniPuni, the app The Great Youkai Dictionary and the rhythm game Youkai Watch Greatrhythm.
- Level-5 will partner with Universal studio Japan for a new attraction called Youkai Watch: The Real.
- Youkai Watch 3 will come to 3DS. It will be set in the USA, and it will be a classic Youkai Watch JRPG. No release window was mentioned.
- A new crossmedia IP was announced, The Snack World. The concept is a “hypercasual fantasy” game (yes, this isn’t an April fool, regrettably), and it will be for 3DS, iOS and Android. A line of toys, a manga and an anime project are also planned.
While we wait for the official trailers to be released (Update: some have been released, and you can find them here) you can see a few screencaps from The Snack World’s below. And now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to cry in my pillow.