Flying Turtle Software’s 2013 2D action platformer hit has just been announced for release on Xbox One and Windows 10 with a launch date that is just around the corner.
A Walk in the Dark will be coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 on May 19 as a Xbox Play Anywhere title.
In A Walk in the Dark, players control a cat named Bast whose mission is to rescue his friend, Arielle from the clutches of an ancient evil. With heavy inspiration from games like Limbo, Bast must traverse deadly traps by running, jumping, and sliding with precision in order to reach his goal. With over 100 main story levels, Flying Turtle Software promises there’s enough to truly put your cat-like skills to the test.
Here’s a breakdown of a few of the key gameplay features present in A Walk in the Dark.
- A story driven platformer set in a dark fantasy world.
- Fluid controls and animations: play as a cat, move like one.
- Challenging levels set in a dark, strange and dangerous world.
- Gravity inversion mechanics that will test your skills and ability to adapt to new gameplay.
- Beautiful original soundtrack.
Currently A Walk in the Dark is $6.99 on Steam, and that is the expected price of the game when it releases for Xbox One and Windows 10 on May 19. For more information about the game, check out its official website.