Little Town Hero Gameplay Introduces Characters, BGM Composed by Toby Fox, Hitomi Sato
Little Town Hero has a lot of cute characters and pretty scary monsters.
Nintendo and Game Freak published a new gameplay video for Little Town Hero on September 27. The video introduces the game’s characters, giving us a short description of each. It also shows some battle gameplay, with multiple characters materializing ideas to fight and protect their town. Lastly, the gameplay most notably gives us a listen to the game’s BGMs, made by Undertale‘s Toby Fox and Game Freak’s Hitomi Sato.
Only this Japanese version of the gameplay video is available as I’m writing this, so here’s a quick translation of who the characters are, in the order they appear. Most of the characters’ names are puns based on their personalities or weapons. Note that these names aren’t the officially localized spellings and just how I decided to do it.
- Red-haired boy dreams of exploring outside the village and fights with a pickaxe, so he’s named Pickel.
- Next, the green-haired girl has a gentle personality and loves sheeps, so she’s called Sheepu.
- Then the blond boy is Pickel’s reliable friend who loves pranks, Nezu.
- Then there’s Pickel’s mom, Yuu.
- Next, we have a blonde woman who owns a shop called Minii, she’s rich and selfish but also a good person overall.
- Lastly, there’s a green-haired boy who hates losing, called Matock. He’s Pickel’s rival.
Little Town Hero is Game Freak’s newest IP, reminding a lot of people they can and do other games than Pokemon games. Little Town Hero got a new trailer through the early September Nintendo Direct.
Little Town Hero is launching in a few weeks, on October 16. Little Town Hero is a Switch exclusive, needless to say.