LittleBigPlanet 3 Gets New Info on PS4 vs PS3 Differences, Characters, Customization and Creation
LittleBigPlanet 3 is going to be released in going to hit the shelves on November 18th for PS4 and PS3, and in the latest episode of the PlayStation BlogCast Senior Producer Tom O’Connor provided quite a lot of new information about several aspects of the game, including characters, customization, the creation mode and the differences between the two platforms.
Here are the main points he touched:
- In LittleBigPlanet 3 you get to play with all the characters at different times through the story.
- Toggle is one of the new characters and he’s very physical. He opens up a lot of gameplay possibilities with his unique abilities.
- When Toggle is big he’s very strong and heavy. He can activate springs and platforms and he sinks in water.
- When you “toggle” Toggle to make him small he’s a lot quicker and can fit through gaps.
- All the characters have unique abilities, and creators in the community can completely change them and take them even further.
- Swoop can fly and swoop (obviously), he can pick up objects and even other characters, furthering cooperation in multiplayer. You can customize him and change him into a dragon, you can make him breathe fire and much more.
- Oddsock is the first four legged character in the series and he’s really fast and dynamic. He can jump and slide and in create mode you can make Sackboy ride him opening up more possibilities.
- The new characters allow creators to build many more kinds of experiences compared to the previous installments of the franchise.
- Creating LittleBigPlanet 3 was “definitely challenging.” The developers looked at what people tried to do (even with glitches) in the previous games and added new features to allow them to achieve those effects properly.
- There are 16 layers instead of the previous three. This means that people can create levels with a lot more depth.
- You’re not limited by the thermometer anymore as you can stitch level together, so you can have levels as big as you want.
- In LBP 3 you can do every single thing you could do in previous games, but there are over sixty new tools.
- PS4 and PS3 versions are fully compatible, so you’ll be able to play all the levels regardless of the platform they have been created on.
- The game “absolutely looks best on PS4” in 1080p and with graphical improvements. In Create Mode you can use the DualShock 4’s touch pad, making it much more accessible and tactile. The PS4 version also has some very cool video features, including the ability to create “Mini-trailers” for your levels, allowing people to find the best ones with more ease. Share and Twitch broadcasting will be used as well, even if no more details were given for the moment.
- Full compatibility between PS4 and PS3 wasn’t easy to achieve, but was also really important for the developers.
It’s hard not to wonder about what kind of creations we’ll see on LittleBigPlanet 3, especially considering that the toolset has been massively expanded. Just three months to go. Is your body ready?