Long War Studios has released the “Alien Pack” mod, which adds greater variety to enemies. Not only does the mod give upgrades to existing enemies, but also includes brand new enemy types. There will also be the addition of a configuration system, which will enable players to change the color and size of units, as well as mixing components from different Advent soldiers to create a unique soldier type.
Here’s what players can expect from XCOM 2‘s newest mod:
- Drone (two variations) — an Advent scout and crowd control unit
- Naja (three variations) — a subspecies of the Viper that serves as an alien sniper unit
- Muton Elite — a version of the Muton much more powerful than its predecessors
- Sectoid Commander — an enhanced Sectoid with even greater psionic capabilities
- Sidewinder (three variations) — a subspecies of the Viper that serves as a fast and agile flanker
- Chryssalid Soldier — a larger and more intimidating variation of the Chryssalid
- Hive Queen — an even larger Chryssalid all other Chryssalids bow down to
- MEC Archer (two variations) — an Advent MEC equipped with long-range weaponry
- Advent Sentry (three variations) — an Advent soldier that has great Overwatch abilities
- Advent Rocketeer (three variations) — an Advent soldier with explosive ordinance
- Advent Grenadier (three variations) — an Advent soldier equipped with flashbangs, fire grenades or acid grenades
- Advent Gunner (three variations) — an Advent soldier with a cannon and the ability to suppress multiple XCOM soldiers at once
- Muton Centurion — a variation on the Muton, previously made available in the “Muton Centurion” mod
The “Alien Pack” mod is now available for PC through the Steam Workshop.