Lost Sphere, Tokyo RPG Factory’s newest retro style JRPG, Lost Sphear, will launch for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on October 12 in Japan, publisher Square Enix announced.
As a follow up to the developer’s debut title, I am Setsuna, Lost Sphear contains similar visuals and mechanics as its predecessor. However, there are new battle systems as well as cast of characters to differentiate the two.
The world of Lost Sphear is made up memories, more specifically, lost memories, which are impossible to restore. A boy named Kanata has the ability to manipulate these memories and receives a request to rebuild these fading memories and save the world.
Incentives will be provided to those who pre-order the game-digitally or physically:
- Square Enix online store exclusive – Free Dynamic Theme
- PlayStation store exclusive – Free Dynamic Theme, Playable a day early
- Amazon exclusive – Free Dynamic Theme
- Amazon exclusive – Special Sleeve case
- Square Enix online store exclusive – Postcard set
In the west, Lost Sphear’s physical release will be sold exclusively from Square Enix’s online store for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, the game is set to release in early 2018.
You can watch the launch trailer below: