Machamp Weakness Pokemon GO - Raid Guide and Best Counters May 2021
There are a few Pokemon in the limelight as we enter a new Pokemon GO season.
The Legendary Titans, Regirock, Regice and Registeel, all return to raids and certain other Pokemon are appearing in the wild, raids and Team GO Rocket battles.
One of these Pokemon is Machamp, who is currently appearing as a Three-Star Raid Boss as well as a member of one of the Rocket Leaders parties.
Here is every Machamp Weakness in Pokemon GO, plus the best Pokemon to exploit those weaknesses.
- MORE POKEMON GO – All Current June 2021 Raid Bosses
Every Machamp Weakness in Pokemon GO
Machamp is a pure Fighting-type Pokemon. This means that it has three weaknesses that you should be looking to exploit.
They are Fairy, Flying and Psychic-type moves.
Best Machamp Counters
- MORE POKEMON GO: Best Great League Team – GO Battle League Season 8, June 2021
There are a range of counters that are particularly effective against Machamp in Pokemon GO.
Of the Mega Pokemon that are available, Mega Gengar and Mega Pidgeot are by far the two best options.
Overall, however, Mewtwo is the top counter to Machamp.
The likes of Latios, Moltres, Ho-Oh and Lugia all provide really strong aerial counters. While Alakazam, Metagross and Espeon are great Psychic choices.
You can find the best movesets for each of the above Pokemon right here:
- Mewtwo – Confusion/Psychic
- Mega Gengar – Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust/Brave Bird
- Latios – Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Moltres – Wing Attack/Sky Attack
- Ho-Oh – Extrasensory/Brave Bird
- Alakazam – Confusion/Psychic
- Metagross – Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Espeon – Confusion/Psychic
- Lugia – Extrasensory/Aeroblast
Machamp is a solid Pokemon for PVP so is a good choice to raid. It’s also a relatively easy Raid Boss to take down and can be soloed with a good range of the above counters or other strong Fairy, Flying or Psychic-type Pokemon.