Madden 22 Update 1.04 Patch Notes Today (September 23)
Madden 22 has been out for a little bit over a month now and today brings the latest patch for the game with update 1.04.
This is far from the big September update that people were expecting with the new scouting system in Franchise, as that has unfortunately been delayed to October.
Instead, this one is much more focused on fixes and tuning, specifically when it comes to one type of defensive coverage that people have been complaining about.
- MORE: Find out who the Week 2 POTW is in Madden 22.
Madden 22 Update 1.04 Patch Notes
The new title update for Madden 22 has arrived today, September 23, and is known as 1.04 on PS4 specifically. This update brings a few fixes and tuning, while also helping to build for the next title update as well.
You can find the full patch notes below as provided by EA Sports on their own forums, as well as below:
- Addressed an issue with class progression when player lock is on in Face of the Franchise
- Resolved an issue with flipped play art when base aligning and choosing a new play
- Tuning to Outside Cover 3 Deep Zones giving up too much space vs Corner routes with no other vertical receiving threat in their area
- Tuning to Cover 3 Deep Zones vs Bunch Flood concepts
- Tuning to Outside Cover 3 Deep Zones to better anticipate threats coming from across the field with no other threats to their zone
What’s Next In Madden 22?
Alongside the patch notes themselves, the dev team also made sure to bring up how the gameplay part of the update was focused on Cover 3 by addressing the top feedback from players.
In addition, they mentioned that they are “targeting specific aspects of pass coverage like Flats and Curl-Flat zones” for the next title update.
We do not have a specific release date for that next title update though, so we’ll have to wait and see when they will have it ready for us. Based on how they have been operating so far though, one would assume we’ll see it in a week or two.