Mafia Definitive Edition New Update Brings Noir Mode to the Game
Custom HUD options and Noir mode have been added to Mafia Definitive Edition, thanks to a new free update.
Less than a month after its launch in September, Mafia Definitive Edition has received its first free update, adding some new content such as Noir mode and customizable HUD options.
Thanks to the new Noir mode, you will be able to play the whole game in black & white visuals, which gives it a more historical look. On the other hand, the HUD customizations allow you to turn on/off different signs from the screen. Here you can read the instructions to the new update:
- Custom HUD Options – Use these new options to customize the in-game HUD if, for example, you want to make your explorations of Lost Heaven feel less guided or take a particularly pleasing screenshot:
– Switch the in-world main objective marker on/off.
– Switch mini-map enemy markers on/off on all difficulty settings. (Previously enemy markers were always on outside of Classic Mode.)
– Switch navigation features like turn-by-turn instructions and the mini-map GPS on/off.
- Enable the new Minimal HUD mode to hide HUD elements including the mini-map, the speedometer, and objective text while playing.
- Noir Mode – Enable Noir Mode to enjoy Mafia: Definitive Edition‘s gameplay and cinematics with a vintage black-and-white look. Noir Mode can be toggled on and off via the game options screen.
- Free Ride Content – Now that you’re off to the races and enjoying Free Ride mode, depending on which vehicle you’re driving and where you’re driving it, you might find one of a couple new gameplay features that we’ve added to the mode. We’ll leave the specifics for you to discover and hope you fare well in Lost Heaven.
Mafia Definitive Edition is a loyal remake of 2002’s original Mafia game, unfolding the story of Tommy Angelo, a simple taxi driver who sees himself deeply in crime and murder back in the prohibition era of the US. The game arguably has one of the best mob stories we’ve ever seen in a video game, which makes it worthy enough to give it a shot.
Mafia Definitive Edition is a big graphical overhaul for the game that gives an incredibly realistic look to the city of Lost Heaven. All cutscenes have been recaptured by motion-capture technology to modernize the game for newcomers. Other than that, the game also hosts some new features such as motorcycles that weren’t available in the original game. Otto Kratky reviewed Mafia Definitive Edition at DualShockers and rated it 8 out of 10.
Mafia Definitive Edition is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC for $39.99.