Maplestory 2 is the all-new MMORPG sequel that builds on the original from publishers Nexon and it is available all over the world as of today. Some players have had a head start on Maplestory 2 already as it released in Korea a few years ago, but thankfully it has now spread its wings and taken flight.
Back in May this year Maplestory M, which is the mobile version of Maplestory, had begun pre-registration where the game had a successful start in Korea, even reaching the top of the charts on the Google Play and Apple App Store. More recently, Nexon had hopped on the bandwagon of the Battle Royale phenomena in which they implemented their own ‘Mushking Royale mode‘ into Maplestory 2.
Maplestory 2 includes the classes of Archer, Assassin, Berserker, Heavy Gunner, Knight, Priest, Thief, Wizard and the new Runeblade class, in which a magical swordsman infuses his swords with the elements for ultimate power and uses a special 2-handed bladed weapon that uses up both weapon slots.
A lot of gameplay improvements have been made in Maplestory 2 that include:
- cap increase from 50 to 60
- The gorgeous Karkar Island
- Lv 51 – 60 fields in Maple World/ Land of Darkness
- 8 Normal Adventure Dungeons
- 4 Hard Adventure Dungeons
- 2 Sets of Epic Gear
Also, some of the features you can expect to see in Maplestory 2 are:
- Claim Your Destiny as an Epic Hero – Players will find colorful 3D landscapes to explore, loads of new and familiar enemies to vanquish, and exciting bosses to battle.
- Build Your Dream World – MapleStory 2 redefines the role-playing game genre with a complete commitment to creativity, arming players with a robust set of character and world-building tools that allow them to express themselves unlike ever before.
- Explore a New Dimension of MapleStory – Maplers can enter a whole new dimension of Maple World and encounter vivid 3D landscapes, a multitude of special events, exciting minigames, and enemies both familiar and completely original.
If you would like to check out the MapleStory 2 official launch gameplay and some screenshots, please see below: