Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Features New Modes, Tracks, Characters; 1080p When Docked
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe didn’t make too much of an appearance on Nintendo Switch’s Tokyo Livestream, new details are emerging showing it is a pretty hefty remaster of the Wii U title. According to Nintendo, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will feature new characters, modes, tracks and in-game mechanics to spice things up for Mario Kart veterans.
According to the game’s press release, the following additions can be found in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has every character, DLC, and track from Mario Kart 8
- New Battle Modes: Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast
- New Course, including Urchin Underpass, Battle Stadium, GCN Luigi’s Mansion, SNES Battle Course 1
- New Characters, including Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.
- Smart steering on 200cc for newcombers
- Three new Splatoon inspired vehicles
- Players can now carry two items at once in a race
- New items added, including Boo and a Feather
Also according to the press release, Mario Kart 8 will be able to hit 1080p when played in HD mode — this of course implies the game will fall short of that resolution when undocked.
Players have the option of playing with 4 people on the TV, 8 players in Local Wireless mode, and 12 players in Online Multiplayer.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches on April 28, 2017 for $59.99, exclusively on Nintendo Switch — check out the screenshots below: