Mars Survival Game Lacuna Passage Available Today on PC; Receives New Launch Trailer
Open world Mars survival game Lacuna Passage launches today in Early Access on PC via Steam. Alongside the games release we also received a new trailer.
Random Seed Games launched its open world Mars survival game Lacuna Passage on PC via Steam today. The game is launching as an Early Access title with a price tag of $14.99. In addition to the game launching today, we also received a new launch trailer for the game which can be seen below.
Lacuna Passage will be launching in two phases. The first phase, which was released today is the sandbox mode of the game. Phase two will introduce a proper story mode, which is still in development.
If this is your first time hearing about Lacuna Passage, here is a quick breakdown of the games premise and features:
You wake in an landing pod, check your equipment, and venture out onto the red Martian soil in search of a nearby habitat. With 25 square miles of the Red Planet to explore and survive, you must gather resources from randomized points-of-interest, supply caches, and other habitats in order to continue your mission. But survival is more than just tracking status bars. Maintaining your life-support equipment is just as important as maintaining your health. Lacuna Passage’s Survival Sandbox will allow you to test drive the core game mechanics in Steam Early Access ahead of the upcoming Story Mode.
- Stunning first-person, open world of Martian exploration and survival.
- 25 square miles of explorable terrain generated from actual Mars satellite data.
- Survival mechanics based on real metrics like blood glucose, heart rate, caloric intake, and more.
- In-game photography that allows you to capture any moment and document your discoveries with higher quality than your PC or Mac can handle in real time.
- An immersive HUD that is accurate to potential future space exploration physical display technologies.
- A hauntingly beautiful dynamic soundtrack that responds to your actions.
- Survival Sandbox available now on Steam Early Access.
- A mysterious single-player story that encourages non-linear play (Story Mode) coming in a future update.
Lacuna Passage is currently available as an Early Access title on PC via Steam for $14.99.