Today Capcom released a new trailer of its upcoming crossover fighting game Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.
The trailer focuses on the story mode of the game, giving us another look on its heroes and villains.
Ultron Sigma used two Infinity Stones to fuse the Marvel and Capcom universes, while Jedah conspired with other villains to create a Symbiote beast. of course it’ll be the heroes’ task, alongside unlikely ally Thanos, to find the remaining Infinity Stones and fight back.
Alongside the trailer, we also get a few screenshots showing another glimpse some of the popular characters. We also take a look at Dormammu, who was recently revealed alongside Jedah, Firebrand, and Ghost Rider. Incidentally, we learn that additional gameplay details about them will come out of Gamescom next week.
The accompanying press release also came with a handy list of all the modes and features included in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.
- Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
- Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
You can check out all the screenshots the trailer below. If you want to see more, you can also enjoy a large batch of gameplay from PlayStation Experience South East Asia, the latest character announcement trailer (including Spider-Man, Haggar, Nemesis and Frank West), semi-recent gameplay revealing Jedah, and on a definitely less serious note, two cute models playing the game at an event in Hong Kong.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is scheduled for release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 19th.