Marvel's What If - Release Date, Cast, No. Of Episodes
A new fate awaits for Agent Carter, Black Panther, Thor, Spider-Man and others!
Marvel just released the first trailer for What If…? which also its first animated series.
This series is going to rip the multiverse wide open by depicting alternate realities for whatever we have seen so far in Marvel movies and shows.
What If is inspired by a comic book with the same name that was released back in 1977 with a plot revealing “What if Spider-Man had joined the Fantastic Four?”
Now, in the latest clip, we get to see more such twisted plots. So let’s take a closer look at the trailer, release date, and the entire cast of What If.
- MORE: Where to Sign Up for Marvel Future Revolution Pre-Registration
New What If Trailer Makes Us Wonder What If..?
The What If trailer showcases alternate takes on various MCU characters from the movies and shows that are a part of the interconnected universe of in the MCU.
In the trailer, we see different plots like what if instead of Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter received the super soldier serum and turned into Captain America. In another scene, we get to see Yondu who abducts T’Challa instead of Peter Quill and made him join the Ravagers.
This creative brainstorming exercise is the heart of What If…? as the series reimagines numerous major events from the movies in a game-changing way.
The best part is that we get to hear Chadwick Boseman once again because he was able to reprise T’Challa via voice work before his death.
Check out the full trailer here:
When Is What If Coming Out?
What If…? is the fourth television series of Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney Plus on August 11, 2021.
Meet The Cast Of What If
Since What If is an animated series, most of the voice-over will be done by the original actors who played the respective roles in MCU. These are actors who are confirmed to do a voice-over for the given characters:
- Jeffrey Wright as Uatu/The Watcher
- Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter/Captain Carter
- Michael B. Jordan as Erik Stevens
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Star-Lord
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton and Clint Barton/Zombie Hawkeye
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
- Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt
- Stanley Tucci as Abraham Erskine
- Taika Waititi as Korg
- Toby Jones as Arnim Zola
- Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta
- Chris Sullivan as Taserface
- Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow
So far, only these are actors that have been confirmed. The voice actors for the remaining cast such as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange, Steve Rogers/Captain America, and others are yet to be announced officially.
We shall update this post when we get more information.
How Many Episodes Will Be There In What If Series?
What If Season 1 will consist of ten episodes when it premieres on Disney Plus in August.
Alternate Realities In MCU
The hottest theme in the MCU right now is alternate takes on different characters such as Loki. We got to see a different story for Loki as well as a slew of different versions of him from various timelines.
So, What If could really take Marvel fans on another exciting journey by reimagining the stories. The best part is that it gives us another opportunity to see the dead characters like Ancient One, Vision, Yondu once again on screen!