Media Create Sales Charts Show Monster Hunter Still on Top, Legend of Heroes Gets Successful Debut
Like every Wednesday, Media Create released its sales charts, and besides the continued domination of Monster Hunter 4, that isn’t really news anymore, we get to see some quite interesting results.
Here is the top ten for software from September the 23rd to September the 29th (new releases are bolded, while lifetime sales are in parenthesis):
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3Ds – 213,278 (2,402,077)
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – PS Vita – 81,622 (81,622)
- Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate – PS3 – 80,398 (80,398)
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – PS3 – 67,718 (67,718)
- Armored Core: Verdict Day – PS3 – 59,184 (59,184)
- My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute: Happy End – PS3 – 31,054 (31,054)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – Wii U – 30,264 (30,264)
- Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate – PS Vita – 25,483 (25,483)
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life – 3DS -9,269 (1,450,520)
- Battle Princess of Arcadias – PS3 – 9,252 (9,252)
And here are the hardware rankings:
- 3DS XL – 93,757
- 3DS – 40,487
- PS3 – 11,382
- Vita – 6,031
- Wii U – 5,909
- PSP – 4,805
- Wii – 866
- Xbox 360 – 511
As mentioned above, Monster Hunter 4 is proving a rather amazing staying power at the top, but this week we finally have a strong contender. Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki gets a very successful debut, selling 149,340 units on PS3 and PS Vita combined. Interestingly enough the PS Vita version sold considerably more than the PS3 version despite the difference in installed base.
On the other hand The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD didn’t have enough steam to push towards the upper part of the charts, even if it managed to sell 30,000 copies.
Neither Sen no Kiseki or Zelda seem to have managed to push the respective consoles, as sales for PS3, Vita and Wii U remain very mediocre, while the only console that sold well is, as usual, the 3DS.