Media Create Shows Continuing Pokémon Domination, Wii U and PS Vita Boost
t’s Wednesday, and as every Wednesday Media Create released its software and hardware sales charts, giving us a bird’s eye view on what happened last week in the Japanese video game market.
Here’s the software chart between October the 28st and November the 3rd. As usual new titles are bolded and lifetime sales are in parenthesis.
- Pokémon X and Y -3DS – 162,347 (2,731,470)
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 – PS3 – 52,826 (136,709)
- Danball Senki Wars – 3DS – 50,217 (50,217)
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3DS – 46,729 (2,872,106)
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 – PSP – 38,179 (74,181)
- Wii Party U – Wii U – 37,371 (37,371)
- Gundam Breaker – PS Vita – 33,775 (33,775)
- Grand Theft Auto V – PS3 – 32,666 (531,266)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 – PS Vita – 31,811 (31,811)
- Tears to Tiara II: Descendants of the Overlord – PS3 – 24,422 (24,422)
Hardware sales were as follows:
- 3DS LL – 58,627
- Wii U – 38,802
- 3DS – 29,749
- PS Vita – 27,618
- PS3 – 11,148
- PSP – 3,680
- Wii – 477
- Xbox 360 – 328
No new title was strong enough to break the Pokèmon domination, that has been going on for a while now. The most evident factor is the solid launch of Wii Party U, that didn’t do great in terms of ranking, but still managed to sell almost 40,000 units, and even more importantly gave a very solid and much needed push to Wii U sales, moving almost 40,000 units of the console as well after quite a few disastrous weeks. We’ll have to see if the momentum will keep up or if sales will dip again like it happened with previous releases.
The PS Vita shows a continuation of its momentum as well, with sales pushing back up to almost 28,000. Next week we’ll see if it’ll carry on until the launch of the PS Vita TV, that will happen on the 14th and will reflect on the charts in two weeks from now. That’s going to be a crucial moment for the platform, and I’m curious to see how it’ll go.