Two 3DS Games Are in the Top-Three of Last Week’s Media Create Charts
Etrian Odyssey X and WarioWare Gold are in first and third place in the Media Create software chart, showing that Japanese gamers still love their 3DS.
Today is Wednesday, and the Japanese statistics firm Media Create released its software and hardware charts depicting the situation of the local market last week.
Below you can check out the software chart for the period between July 30th and August 5th. As usual, the second number for each game represents lifetime sales.
- Etrian Odyssey X – 3DS – 71,946/New
- Pro Baseball Famitsa Evolution – Switch – 42,846/New
- WarioWare Gold – 3DS – 31,018/New
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! – Switch – 21,642/119,891
- Splatoon 2 – Switch – 20,989/2,511,028
- Octopath Traveler – Switch – 18,448/164,235
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Switch – 15,755/1,670,751
- Mario Tennis Aces – Switch – 15,454/280,682
- Minecraft – Switch – 15,101/169,218
- SaGa Scarlet Grace: Scarlet Ambition – PS4 – 14,971/New
- Friday the 13th: The Game – PS4 – 10,110/New
- SaGa Scarlet Grace: Scarlet Ambition – Switch – 9,586/New
- Border Break: Starter Pack – PS4 – 8,249/New
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Switch – 7,940/1,066,339
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – Switch – 7,883/79,248
- Kirby Star Allies – Switch – 7,048/579,839
- Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 3DS – 6,177/1,688,813
- Super Mario Odyssey – Switch – 5,177/1,782,798
- Monster Hunter: World (Best Price Edition) – PS4 – 4,889/New
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 – PS4 – 4,704/33,974
Below you can find the hardware chart:
- Switch – 50,799
- PS4 – 13,113
- New 2DS XL – 9,015
- PS4 Pro – 5,889
- PS Vita – 3,339
- New 3DS XL – 3,010
- 2DS – 561
- Xbox One X – 53
- Xbox One – 21
One of the most interesting elements of this week’s chart is that two 3DS games, Etrian Odyssey X and WarioWare Gold are in first and third place. Looks like the 3DS is far from dead in Japan. It still makes solid numbers hardware-wise. Considering that it’s just shy of 24.15 million units sold, that’s not surprising.
That’s pretty funny considering that some think that releasing 3DS games nowadays is “such a waste.” Maybe it really isn’t.
Other than that, the week was pretty quiet, without giant releases and Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (which we recently learned will come west in November) continuing to do solid sales thanks to the summer break, which is just a perfect fit for this kind of game.
If you want to compare, you can also check out last week’s results.