Mega Slowbro Weakness Pokemon GO - Raid Guide and Best Counters June 2021
For the first time since Mega Gyarados appeared last month, Niantic is debuting another Mega Pokemon in Pokemon GO.
This time out, as part of the “A Very Slow Discovery” event, players will have the opportunity to raid and defeat Mega Slowbro.
Of course, as with any new Pokemon added to the game, there are questions on what its weaknesses are and what the best counters are.
Here’s every Mega Slowbro weakness in Pokemon GO and every counter that you’ll need to help take it down.
Every Mega Slowbro Weakness in Pokemon GO
Unlike some Mega Evolutions, Mega Slowbro retains its original typing – Water and Psychic.
This combination means the Pokemon has a total of five different weaknesses available to exploit. They are Bug, Dark, Electric, Ghost and Grass-type moves.
Best Counters for Mega Slowbro Raids
Sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire and there’s a range of great Mega Pokemon you should consider bringing to combat Mega Slowbro.
They are Mega Gengar, Mega Gyarados, Mega Houndoom, Mega Venusaur and Mega Manectric.
To fill out the rest of your party, you need to consider Pokemon from the other types. The best Electric options you have are Zekrom, Magnezone and Raikou.
In terms of Dark-types you’ll want Darkrai, Hydreigon, Weavile or Yveltal.
Your best Ghost-type options are Chandelure or Giratina and then, realistically, there are no further Bug or Grass-type Pokemon worth bringing.
You can find the best movesets below:
- Mega Gengar – Lick/Shadow Ball
- Mega Gyarados – Bite/Crunch
- Mega Houndoom – Snarl/Foul Play
- Mega Venusaur – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Mega Manectric – Snarl/Wild Charge
- Zekrom – Charge Beam/Wild Charge
- Magnezone – Spark/Wild Charge
- Raikou – Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Darkrai – Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Yveltal – Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Weavile – Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Hydreigon – Bite/Dark Pulse
- Giratina – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Chandelure – Hex/Shadow Ball
Seeing as you’re going up against a Mega Pokemon, it’s advised you bring at least five trainers to battle with you.