A while ago we heard from Kadokawa Games that the open-world JRPG Metal Max Xeno would be coming west. Yet, we haven’t heard about the publisher or any other details since. Today, the veil has finally been lifted.
The game will come west courtesy of NIS America this fall for PS4. This means that the publisher decided to skip the PS Vita release that is coming in Japan, without adding any further platforms.
Metal Max Xeno celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Metal Max franchise, and its return to PlayStation consoles after a long while.
If you want to learn more, you can read the official description directly from the press release.
About the game:
“Humanity is on the brink of extinction. Half a century ago, a mother computer known as NOA became sentient and almost destroyed humankind. NOA’s destructive reach has even reduced Asia’s largest metropolis, TOKIO, to
rubble. Explore this desolate wasteland as Talis, a casualty in this conflict, as he searches for allies and hope in a vengeance charged war against machines.”
- Style Your Tanks – Explore the barren desert, salvage new tanks, and upgrade them using over hundreds of parts!
- Customize your tanks with fresh paint and the strongest firepower you can find.
- Fight for Humanity – The world has been devastated by a mother computer in its plan to eradicate humankind.
- Explore the vast desert and unite with remaining survivors to rise against the crazed machines and deadly mutants.
- Hold Your Ground – NOA’s forces will track you down wherever you are! Make a preemptive strike from inside your tank when your foes appear, or disembark and explore dangerous strongholds on foot with your allies.
Another interesting aspect of the game is the lovely character designer by Oda Non [imagery at the link is quite unsafe for work, you have been warned], who is rather well known for his alluring art.
Below you can check out the English announcement trailer, a “final” trailer released for Japan today before the local release (keep in mind that, again, the mention of PS Vita applies to Japan only), and a few official screenshots.