Microsoft Details How to Swap Digital Code From Halo 5 Collector’s Edition for a Disc
Halo 5: Guardians launches later this month, and while most Xbox fans are excited for the next entry in the popular series, some dedicated fans were upset with the options available for purchasing the game. The Limited Collector’s Edition of Halo 5: Guardians comes with a detailed statue of Master Chief and Spartan Locke, plenty of digital content, a steelbook and a digital copy of the game.
That’s right, the $250 Limited Collector’s edition comes with an exclusive case for the game disc, but not the game disc itself. Microsoft has heard fans’ complaints about this issue and has now released a detailed process for fans who are hoping to swap their download code for a disc of the game. Obviously, those who redeem the game download will not be able to swap their codes. This offer is live from October 20 through November 1.
- Open the Contact Us page.
- Select “Chat with Microsoft Support” to chat with a support agent.
- Once you’re connected, inform them that you want to exchange your unredeemed digital code for Halo 5: Guardians for a physical disc.
- You’ll need to provide the agent with the following information:
- Your Xbox gamertag
- Your email address
- The token’s 25-character code
- Your address for shipment
Once the order has been placed, you should receive your disc, along with a code for you to redeem the additional LCE content (Warzone REQ Bundle and Halo: The Fall of Reach), within 3-5 business days.
Halo 5: Guardians launches exclusively on Xbox One on October 27.