Microsoft Flight Simulator Top Gun DLC: How To Play & Patch Notes
Top Gun comes to Microsoft Flight Simulator in a brand new update!
Microsoft Flight Simulator is celebrating the release of Top Gun: Maverick with a brand new free update, featuring new training missions, a Top Gun livery, and plenty more.
Top Gun: Maverick is receiving rave reviews from fans and critics, so what better way to celebrate than getting in on the action yourself? Here is how you can play the new Microsoft Flight Simulator DLC for free and the official patch notes.
- IN THE NEWS: Battlefield 2042 Hazard Zone Won’t Receive Any Updates As of Season 1
How To Play The Microsoft Flight Simulator Top Gun DLC
As long as you own a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator on either Xbox Series X|S or PC, you can play the new DLC for free. To get in on the action, simply update your game to the latest version and receive all of the brand new content included with the latest patch.
Players can then access the Maverick DLC in-game via the main menu, where they will then be able to select the ‘F/A -18E Training’ to complete exclusive new challenges. But it’s not just new challenges that come with the DLC, check out the official patch notes further down this article to find a detailed list of everything new.
- READ MORE: Who is Samuel Roukin? COD MW2 Full Cast Explored
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Top Gun Maverick DLC Update & Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator update, which includes the brand new Top Gun Maverick DLC.
We are thrilled to announce that, today Microsoft Flight Simulator released the long-awaited “Top Gun: Maverick” expansion. Develop the skills required and navigate the complexities encountered by actual Top Gun pilots in authentic locations including the most challenging landing – on an aircraft carrier. This offering will push your piloting abilities to the limits—and beyond.
The “Top Gun: Maverick” expansion contains:
- A “Top Gun: Maverick Edition” livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet.
- Three training missions for the Super Hornet that will allow you to master radical flight maneuvers including unrestricted take-offs, split S maneuvers, and low altitude, high-speed maneuvering through complex terrain.
- Five high-speed, low-level challenges that require utmost skill to navigate just above mountains and traverse through canyons.
- A carrier deck landing challenge, one of the most demanding operations in the world of military aviation.
- A never-before-unveiled hypersonic aircraft that can attain speeds of Mach 10 and altitudes greater than 150,000 feet above sea level.
- A mission to roar into the stratosphere.
For further details, make sure to visit their official website.