In already busy fall season filled with plenty of big new game releases, one of the biggest exclusives coming to Xbox One this fall is the highly-anticipated Halo 5: Guardians, and to kick off the big launch on October 27th, Microsoft is debuting a big launch event the next before worldwide.
Microsoft revealed “Halo 5: LIVE,” a livestreamed launch event for Halo 5: Guardians that will be broadcast exclusively on YouTube on October 26th leading up to Halo 5‘s release at midnight.
Announced through a new trailer on Xbox’s YouTube channel, Halo 5: LIVE will take place on October 26th, 2015 starting at 6pm-12amEDT (3pm-9pm PDT) and lead up to Halo 5‘s release, with the event promising “exclusive gameplay reveals, celebrity appearances, live interviews with 343 Industries, special tune-ins from around the world, and much more.”
A full breakdown of festivities and events during the Halo 5: LIVE event was also provided by Major Nelson’s blog, which you can find below:
* The world premiere of “Halo: The Fall of Reach” episode one, the new animated series that tells the dramatic tale of the origin and intrigue behind the SPARTAN program that propelled characters like the Master Chief and Dr. Catherine Halsey into the pantheon of Halo lore.2
* The first Xbox roundtable featuring the writers behind “Halo 5: Guardians” and Nathan Fillion, the voice of Spartan Buck.
* Special documentaries will get up close and personal with Halo superfans around the world, showcasing what makes Halo Nation unlike any other community in gaming.
* A lucky fan in Australia will play “Halo 5: Guardians” from a helicopter flying over Sydney, as gameplay is broadcasted via a screen suspended from a second helicopter.
* In London, iconic entertainment venue The Roundhouse will transform into a “Halo 5: Guardians” celebration, with a friendly tournament between four teams of YouTube creators and fans. U.K. fans can win a chance to attend the London event by visiting http://bit.ly/1REsmt6.
* In celebration of a Halo superfan from Japan who has played over 10,000 hours of Halo, Master Chief and Agent Locke action figurines will travel to the edge of space for the most epic Gamertag selfie.
* A Taiwanese cosplayer will bring his passion for the Master Chief to life when he collaborates with one of the hottest jewelry designers in Australia to recreate the Master Chief’s helmet with more than 30,000 Swarovski crystals. The one-of-a-kind helmet will be unveiled during the show and kick-start a chance for gamers around the world to bid on it for charity.
* In New Zealand, Halo fans will converge at the close of the Armageddon Expo for multiplayer sessions, cosplay displays and more.
* In Hong Kong, a real-life course inspired by the new “Halo 5: Guardians” competitive Arena multiplayer mode, “Breakout,” will be constructed, putting Halo fans into real 4v4 combat.
* In New York City, a special fan destination will take place at the brand new flagship store Microsoft at Fifth Ave. and 53rd St., located in the heart of Manhattan and culminating in the midnight launch of “Halo 5: Guardians.”
Halo 5: Guardians will release for Xbox One on October 27th, 2015 – in the meantime, you can check out the announcement trailer for Halo 5: LIVE on October 26th below: