Microsoft Opens Fan Voting for Xbox One Backwards Compatibility; Red Dead Redemption Leads the Pack
As one of the biggest announcements that Microsoft made during its press conference at E3 2015, Xbox 360 backwards compatibility coming to the Xbox One has already brought some of the console’s biggest hits and most beloved titles like Mass Effect back to the new console, although more are on the way and Microsoft wants your feedback.
Over on Microsoft’s Feedback page of their official website, user voting has opened up allowing users to vote for which titles they would like to see next, revealing an expected mix of genuine classics and some of the most beloved titles from last generation.
The top title taking the crown on the fan feedback section was Rockstar Games’ excellent Red Dead Redemption, with the top 10 titles requested for backwards compatibility below, along with their vote counts (as of this writing):
- Red Dead Redemption (39,872 votes)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (35,210 votes)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (34,882 votes)
- Halo: Reach (30,316 votes)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (29,625 votes)
- Gears of War 3 (24,976 votes)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (24,001 votes)
- Fallout 3 (23,795 votes)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (22,107 votes)
- Mass Effect 3 (21,805 votes)
Xbox One backwards compatibility is currently being rolled out now following this year’s E3 2015, with Microsoft announcing that over 100 titles are expected to support the feature by this holiday season.