Microsoft Rebrands Xbox Preview as Xbox Insider; New Changes Detailed
Today, Microsoft announced that Xbox Preview is getting rebranded as Xbox Insider. Beyond a name change, the feature is also getting a major update that will change a few features of the program.
For those who don’t know — like any type of Early Access model — Xbox Preview (Insider) let’s users try out games currently in development, and provide feedback to developers. According to Microsoft, the name change reflects how it is expanding to offer opt-in opportunties to provide feedback on Game and App Previews alongside System Update previews.
Now to the changes:
Xbox Preview Dashboard has been rebuilt from the ground-up, here are some of the notable highlights:
- A new name — the Xbox Insider Hub
- Personalized to give you more relevant announcements, quests, and Insider content opportunities to get early access to select games and apps
- A new UI, inspired by the New Xbox One Experience, makes it easier to find the right info and provide more robust feedback
- The Xbox Insider profile card where your contributions in the program come front and center
- Support for multiple users on a console to participate and provide feedback
These changes will roll out starting today to a small number of preview members who have been the most active in providing feedback in the past. If you have your Xbox One console in Instant-on mode and you have the Xbox Preview Dashboard app installed, then the app will update automatically overnight. If you want to see the changes sooner, you can check for updates by going to My games and apps, and then looking at the updates section. Over the course of the next few weeks, all other Xbox Preview members will be dished out access to the new Xbox Insider Hub.
The other change is that the Xbox Insider Program will soon be open to all Xbox users, and will allow for multiple accounts on a single console to participate.
And that’s it. As mentioned above the changes of Xbox Insider is currently being dished out to a select few members of the program, while the rest will receive it in the coming weeks.