Bandai Namco announced today Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle developed by Bamtang and releasing in January next year for PS4 and Xbox One.
The game is an action-brawler, and it’s exactly as cheesy as you would expect. Below you can check out the official description and bullet points:
Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle provides a creative and modern re-imaging of the classic multiplayer beat-em-up genre. Level up your rangers, team up with friends, summon the Megazord, and fi ght your way through levels stylized after classic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episodes!
- CLASSIC POWER RANGER DNA INTACT: Morph, use weapons & martial arts, and summon the larger-than-life Megazord!
- INTUITIVE & DEEP BATTLE SYSTEM: Includes light, heavy, weapon and projectile attacks. Players will be able to integrate weapon strikes into different combo strings!
- LEVELING & CUSTOMIZATION: Players can level-up and unlock new moves, attacks and weapons.
- UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS: Unlock Tommy Oliver in his Green & White Ranger costumes as well as the human characters Rocky, Aisha, Adam & Kat from MMPR season 2!
- NOSTALGIC: Each level is based on a classic episode from the TV series. The levels are fi lled with familiar dialogue, background details, cut scenes, and enemies pulled straight from the fi rst two seasons of the show!
We also have the first batch of screenshots and a trailer.