Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w18a – Patch Notes, Release Date, Time (Today, May 5)
Here is all you need to know about Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w18a.
In the past year, Minecraft‘s popularity has witnessed exponential growth with a large number of streamers and players playing the game on a regular basis. With a massive update slated to arrive soon, the game is all set to grow even further in the days to come
The developers had recently announced that the Caves and Cliffs Update will now be arriving in two parts, with the first one coming as early as Summer. There is still a while to go for that to release, and before that, the developers are testing some of the features by releasing them via Snapshot and beta updates.
When will Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w18a release?
Every week, a new Snapshot is released which gives players a chance to try out one of the features of the upcoming update. Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w18a is is already live and available for download
- MORE MINECRAFT: Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w17a – Patch Notes, Release Date, Time (Today, April 28)
Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w18a – Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w18a.
CHANGES IN 21W18A
- Infested Blocks are no longer instantly destroyed. Instead, they have half the destroy time of their non-infested counterpart.
- Screaming goats will use their ram attack more often than other goats will
CHANGES TO THE CAVES & CLIFFS PREVIEW
- Reduced Copper spawning a bit, to compensate for large ore veins
- Large ore veins are slightly more rare and slightly smaller on average. But the size varies a lot so you can still find huge ones.
- Increased chance of finding raw ore blocks in ore veins
- Cave carvers generate below y 0 in Ocean biomes (they didn’t before, it was an accident)
- Increased the minimum size of noodle caves and carvers, to make them easier to traverse and less likely to break up into fragments.
- Noodle caves no longer generate above y 30, so the surface should be less riddled with holes.
- Removed Deepslate blobs above y 0
- Extended the vertical range of the smaller blobs of iron ore, to make it possible to find iron in caves near the surface.
- Slightly reduced the amount of normal-sized iron blobs, to compensate for large ore veins and the increased range of smaller blobs.
FIXED BUGS IN 21W18A
- MC-3587 – Last use of an anvil causes player to drop their item
- MC-87935 – When closing the inventory while holding an item with the cursor in Creative mode, the item disappears
- MC-125033 – Old cave and ravine generation gets cut off unnaturally on chunk borders near water
- MC-162953 – NativeImage bounds checks are incorrect
- MC-197616 – Certain custom biome settings cause game to spam “Received invalid biome id: -1” in the console, causing major lag or freeze
- MC-204707 – Adventure mode players can extinguish candles
- MC-204969 – No “Burning” sound for items burning in lava cauldron
- MC-205797 – Zoglins attack Marker armor stands and Invisible armor stands
- MC-206560 – Pufferfish react to Marker armor stands and Invisible armor stands
- MC-208430 – Minecraft crashes when loading resource pack due to “tessellating block model”
- MC-208679 – Axolotl inconsistently doesn’t show its mouth in-game
- MC-211064 – Loading in a TrueTypeFont with an out-of-bounds size crashes the game
- MC-214159 – Small Dripleaf sometimes shrink into smaller (1 block tall) Big Dripleaf when using bone meal
- MC-214427 – Spore Blossoms can be used to breathe underwater / cannot be waterlogged
- MC-214793 – Some strips of chunks generate completely dark
- MC-214808 – World occasionally fails to load correctly
- MC-214860 – Some chunks in a line are lit up constantly
- MC-214898 – Extreme world generation lag
- MC-215867 – Crash: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Chunk not there when requested
- MC-215946 – Game fatally crashed while exploring chunks (IllegalStateException: Accessing PalettedContainer from multiple threads)
- MC-216148 – Some chunks occasionally don’t save properly, resetting progress
- MC-221647 – Goat Babies Don’t Follow Parents
- MC-221725 – Legs of goats move differently
- MC-221727 – Goat eye height is outside of its hitbox while airborne
- MC-221840 – Goats can still do high jumps normally when on honey blocks
- MC-222151 – Goat head animation is weird when it rides a boat
- MC-222157 – Eye position of the goat is too high in some cases, causing suffocation
- MC-222458 – UVs on the goat’s ears aren’t mirrored as they should be
- MC-223141 – Piglins aren’t attracted to a Block of Raw Gold
- MC-223145 – Piglins aren’t angered when mining a Block of Raw Gold
- MC-223150 – Goats ram Marker armor stands & Invisible armor stands
- MC-223178 – Deepslate Tile Stairs come before Deepslate Brick Stairs in the creative inventory
- MC-223203 – Deepslate ore map colors are inconsistent with deepslate
- MC-223239 – Ramming sound that comes from a baby goat does not change pitch
- MC-223422 – When removing water from base of Small Dripleaf, the block stands without water untill a block update
- MC-224401 – Mob death does not show death particles
- MC-224428 – Raw ore blocks can generate as floating blocks in ore veins