Minecraft 1.2 Released, Adds Iron Golems, Ocelots and More
The latest release of Minecraft is out now and this is one of the really nice ones that adds a lot of things. In addition to the new height limit you can now find new critters like cats and ocelots which you can find in the new jungle biome and create some iron golems to help defend yourself!
As usual the lovely folks at Hat Films have released a trailer for the update and it’s just as fun as all their previous ones. It pretty accurately captures the feeling of exploration and wonderment one can experience in Minecraft. Check out the trailer as well as the full list of updates in 1.2 below.
- New jungle biome
- Added ocelots
- Added cats
- Added iron golems
- New AI for mobs
- Tame wolves can have puppies
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
- New items and blocks
- Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
- Added rare drops for mobs
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes