Minecraft Bedrock Update 1.18.1 Patch Notes For Today
Minecraft just received the much awaited Caves & Cliffs Part II update earlier this week and now it has received an additional update with 1.18.1 to fix some related issues.
While this patch will eventually make its way to all platforms except for the platform-specific issues, Minecraft update 1.18.1 is only available for PlayStation platforms for the time being.
Mojang has confirmed that the update will be making its way to additional platforms in the coming days though, so the way shouldn’t be too long for when others can download it.
- MORE: Read the patch notes for the first Caves & Cliffs Part II update.
When Is Update 1.18.1 Available?
Minecraft update 1.18.1 is now available for PlayStation platforms, so your console should have already automatically downloaded the update unless you have automatic updates disabled.
For those on other platforms, the update will be available in the coming days. In those cases, just make sure you have automatic updates on as well.
Minecraft Update 1.18.1 Patch Notes
Thanks to the official Minecraft Feedback website, we have the full patch notes for update 1.18.1, which you can see below or on the official Minecraft Feedback website.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying a world backup in certain languages on PlayStation
- Fixed a crash that could occur when chatting and playing on Realms
- Decreased the amount of Diamond Ore that generates to match Java Edition
- Fixed lighting bugs when removing light sources after returning to the Overworld from other dimensions (MCPE-145828)
- Players no longer have problems moving after respawning or getting out of a Bed
- Added a warning prompt explaining potential loss of data when setting File Storage Location to External on Android devices
- Fixed various crashes and storage-related issues with Android multi-user functionality and Amazon Kids/Freetime (MCPE-106524, MCPE-107503, MCPE-37685)
- Fixed simulation stopping in multiplayer sessions when other players move away from one player’s render distance (MCPE-147391)
- The teleport command will no longer succeed when ‘checkForBlocks’ is true and the destination is obstructed
- Fixed an issue that could cause a faulty purchase page for Realms when the maximum number of Realms are already owned
- Optimized the Marketplace Inventory screen and improved loading of content images
That is all for Minecraft update 1.18.1 as a follow-up to the Caves & Cliffs Part II update. There are bound to be more updates coming as more issues arise, so keep an eye out for those.