Minecraft Beta 1.3 Update Now Available, Adds Beds
We already mentioned the Minecraft documentary earlier today, but it looks like the daily flood of the game isn’t finished quite yet! The new Beta version 1.3 is now available for download, and among other things the game now has beds! In single player, this will skip the game to the next morning (and this will work in multiplayer as well, provided everybody online uses a bed at the same time).
- Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
- Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
- Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
- Added three new half-size blocks
- Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
- Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist ” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add”, “remove”, “list” or “reload”
- New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
- It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
- Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
- Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
- … and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!
Curious how to make a bed or what these new half-size blocks are? Keep an eye on the Minecraft Wiki, which will surely have these all updated shortly (if they’re not already). I haven’t booted Minecraft up in awhile…looks like that’s changing today.