Minecraft Update 1.18 Snapshot 21w41a Patch Notes Today (October 13)
Will The Warden finally arrive in the latest Snapshot?
The latest Minecraft 1.18 Snapshot, 21w41a, is expected to arrive later today with some brand new features and gameplay elements for players to jump into.
Although Minecraft players have been treated to weekly 1.18 snapshots for some time now, we’re all still eager to find out a release date and more details for the final release. Thankfully, Minecraft Live 2021 is taking place this weekend and would be the perfect opportunity to reveal an official release date.
Check out our 5 personal predictions for Minecraft Live at the link below, or keep reading to find out everything new surrounding this week’s new snapshot.
- READ MORE: 5 Predictions and Rumors For Minecraft Live 2021
Minecraft Snapshot 21w41a Release Time
Although an official release time hasn’t been set by the developers for the release of 21w41a, the new updates are usually released every Wednesday around 7AM PT / 10AM ET / 3PM BST.
Occasionally, weekly snapshots are sometimes delayed by a day. There is currently no word on a delay, and 21w41a should be set to arrive later today (October 13). If a delay to the new Snapshot is announced, we will update this article.
- READ MORE: Adopt Me Fall Update Release Time, Date, and New Area
Minecraft Snapshot 21w41a Patch Notes
Below you will find the full patch notes for the new Minecraft Snapshot 21w41a. For more details, visit the official Minecraft website.
CHANGES IN 21W41A
- The main menu backdrop now shows a Caves & Cliffs: Part II scene
- Badlands mineshafts generate higher up
- Geodes now only generate up to height 30 and their rarity has been adjusted to match 1.17 levels
- The angle at which sprinting against a block does not break your sprint has been increased a bit
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 21W41A
- Changed the prioritization order of the chunk rendering pipeline
- Unrendered chunk holes in the world should not appear anymore while flying fast with a high render distance
- Server classes are now signed
- New random number generator for Overworld generation
FIXED BUGS IN 21W41A
- MC-118134 Item frame texture as an item uses texture of oak planks
- MC-137950 Signs textures does not correspond to the actual texture of their handle
- MC-142385 Campfire texture has one pixel extending into hotbar outline
- MC-148182 The zombie villager “profession” texture uses villager-skin-colored pixels
- MC-152506 Wither skull projectile has faces with old texture
- MC-160256 Texture of door items does not match the blocks
- MC-166508 Glitchy chunk rendering since 1.15 pre-release 2
- MC-173339 Comparators lit base texture is incorrect
- MC-203155 Enchanting table GUI uses old lapis texture
- MC-225949 Parity Issue: different Bedrock and Java sign items textures.
- MC-227398 Misplaced pixel on cave vines texture
- MC-230302 Glow Item Frame item texture is missing two pixels
- MC-236620 Nether biomes don’t generate correctly
- MC-236650 Minecraft in 1.18 has 2^48 seeds instead of 2^64 seeds.
- MC-237330 Worlds created with seed “REDApRES” (0) crash when trying to load new 1.18 mountain biomes / java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “dfw.a(double, double, double)” because “this.a” is null
- MC-237457 Snowy Slopes biome no longer generates stone cliff feature from experimental snapshots
- MC-238003 Stone in jagged peaks is always covered by snow blocks
- MC-238561 Axolotls aren’t able to spawn at all in lush caves (recurrence of MC-218701)
- MC-238661 InhabitedTime value/Local Difficulty doesn’t increase