Fruitbat Factory’s Moe Visual Novel Miniature Garden Now out on Steam
Originally announced last August, Miniature Garden is now available for Steam for $19.99 USD. The Muzintou developed visual novel features art by Korie Riko (Lump of Sugar) and 5 moe characters struggling to solve a deadly mystery. The game is on sale for 25% off until April 6th should anyone want to pick it up early.
The story focuses on the titular Miniature Garden school, a small institution found in the woods outside a city. Five students find themselves trapped inside while celebrating a festival that happens every three years. A curse claims that an ‘unnatural death’ will fall upon one of the students after the sun sets; will any of the students be able to escape before they find themselves on the wrong side of the prophecy.
Localiser Fruitbat Factory sent out a press release outlining some of the other features and highlights of the game:
- A mystery story with multiple endings.
- HD Widescreen resolution.
- Characters fully voiced by leading voice actors.
The Japanese voice talents include:
- Tokui Sora (Love Live, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes) as Shibaya Sumika.
- Hidaka Rina (Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Kantai Collection) as Komiya Rio.
- Numakura Manami (Aikatsu, the IDOLM@STER) as Sakura Ayana.
- Kakihara Tetsuya (Fairy Tail, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) as Orimoto
While the plot of Miniature Garden leaves a little to be desired, it’s hard not to fall in love with the excellent art. As always, having the Japanese acting available is always a plus especially with some notable talent like you see above. If that isn’t enough to sell you, try and get through this trailer with the opening theme done by Kanade Nakoto (Lump of Sugar) without getting at least a bit interested.