Torn Banner Studios released two new trailers to celebrate the launch of their skill-based multiplayer FPS Mirage: Arcane Warfare, available now on PC-via Steam.
After the success of the studio’s previous game, Chivalry, Mirage: Arcane Warfare takes the brutal hand to hand combat mechanics and incorporates magic into the systems for players to strategically use against opposing players.
The new gameplay trailer released shows various ways that players will be able to defeat their enemies in battles. Evidently, the game’s matches will contain a large amount of gore that the studio is known for.
The publisher details the game’s premise:
In Mirage: Arcane Warfare, the calm of a strange fantasy world is shattered by ruthless civil war. Warriors armed with steel and magic bring violence and death as they do battle across a fantastical Arabian and Persian-inspired setting of desert sands, market bazaars and grand palaces. Built using the powerful new capabilities of Unreal Engine 4, Mirage: Arcane Warfare presents visually stunning backdrops to some viscerally brutal multiplayer combat.
Arena Mode: A competitive 3v3 tournament where players battle until the last warrior stands on six small maps designed for fast, vicious brawls. Featuring four brand new maps at game launch: Blood Moon, Cell Block, Storm Drain and Wishing Well.
Six Iconic Classes:
- Entropist – Staff wielding hybrid that has a magic carpet and a mixture of offensive and healing capabilities
- Viglist – Stalwart defender that supports teammates with her control over the battlefield and knockaround capabilities
- Vypress – An elusive and agile assassin that uses mobility and speed to cut foes down
- Taurant – Hulking brute that excels at melee and uses his size and physical strength to dominate enemies up close
- Alchemancer – Powerful mage that relies on the devastating power and capabilities of his ranged magic
- Tinker – Defensive trap specialist that uses cunning and wit to defeat larger opponent
6 Game Modes Across 27 Maps: Sprawling environments set the stage for combat on a top of a massive monolith, through desolate desert ruins, an opulent royal palace and more, designed for each of several gameplay modes including: Arena, Jinn Delivery, Team Objective, Glyph Control, Ark Escort, and 10v10 Team Deathmatch
12 Unique Player-Controlled Character Voices: Players can express themselves with hundreds of voice commands and explore the unique personalities of a colorful cast of characters
Extensive Character Customization: Explore deep character customization with a multitude of aesthetic options including magic tattoos, hairstyles, clothing material, along with a massive randomized weapon and armor drop system
If you’d like to know about Mirage: Arcane Warfare, check out our preview where we dive into the closed beta and test out the game’s multiplayer systems.
You check out the new launch trailer below along with an animated short trailer detailing the game’s lore: