Today, Torn Banner Studios — who you may know as the creators of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare — released a new trailer that explores the Vigilist class in its upcoming multiplayer action-combat game Mirage: Arcane Warfare.
The new trailer is the third in a series called “Instruments of Death,” a video series that explores the game’s unique band of warriors, and that serve as highlight videos for each of its specific classes. You can watch the first one here, and the second one, here.
The stalwart Vigilist is said to be a key element of any well-balanced team in Mirage: Arcane Warfare. Designed to protect vulnerable allies and aid in the destruction of others, she is essentially the first line of defense againts the fury of the enemy team’s attacks with her shield, spear, and complement of defense-minded magic abilities, which include:
- Ward Strike: Fire a magical shield that staggers enemies on contact
- Disperse: Rise above the battlefield before slamming back into the ground, pushing back any nearby enemies
- Surge: Summon a massive wave that knocks down any target in its path
- Iron Dome: Spawn a protective shield bubble around yourself
- Impaler: Stab forward with a magically lengthened spear, pulling enemies back towards you
Mirage: Arcane Warfare is set to release for PC sometime in 2017 at the price point of $29.99 USD. Additionally, the game is currently in closed alpha, which you can be apart of by heading over to MirageArcaneWarfare.com and signing up. If you don’t care about no ol’ closed alpha, you can just watch the new trailer below: