MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show Mode Detailed
SIE San Diego Studio revealed new details about MLB The Show 17’s Road to the Show mode today on the PlayStation Blog.
In Road to the Show, players guide a baseball player on his journey from the minors to the majors. The developers released a list of what players able to do in the Road to the Show mode, which you can see below:
- Create a player from scratch. How tall is he? Freckles? Don’t forget the facial hair! We have 22 new facial hair styles, 35 new hair styles, 49 new head shape archetypes, plus a larger palette of color this year to give your guy extra style.
- Prove yourself in the Minor Leagues and earn training points along the way. Use the training points to make yourself stronger, faster, and more capable. New interactions can kick off 2x Training Point Earning periods that help you get stronger, better, faster. Want to be a bomb hitting fireball pitcher? No problem.
- Unlock and activate Perks, which can help with hitting more home runs, putting the ball in play, and more opportunities to steal a base.
- Earn and equip various stat boosting equipment, and rituals to also help you perform better each game.
- Leverage your abilities to rise through the ranks in pursuit of the dream of playing Major League Baseball. Get a sports agent to represent you and put him to work to help pave your path.
- If you have what it takes to make the big leagues, you’re one of a select few, but you’re not done yet. Turn your sites on the record books. Build yourself into a true legend, one epic moment to the next, to be exalted in the halls of Cooperstown.
New to MLB The Show 17, Road to the Show will now include true-to-life interactions between players and their coaches, manager, representatives, etc. through a documentary-style presentation. Players’ actions, their effects, and the narrator’s insights give players a look at the off-the-field aspects of being a professional baseball player.
When interacting with other characters in Road to the Show, players will have dialogue choices that will influence the public’s perception of them, and their role within their team. These interactions will take place in settings that have not been featured in Road to the Show before, such as team locker rooms and managers’ offices.
If you are curious about some of the game’s other modes, you can check out the Diamond Dynasty mode here, and the franchise mode here. You can look at some screenshots of Road to the Show below. MLB The Show 17 will be available exclusively on PS4 March 28.